• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SubZero 650 water freezing around drain tube

Pasa06

Premium Member
Model Number
650s
Brand
Sub Zero
Water was collecting at under crisper drawer so it seemed drain tube was clogged. Appliance repair person cleared drain line and now we have water freezing around drain tube. Called repair person again and he said the drain trough needs to be replaced and wanted to charge ~300 for parts and labor. I don’t think it’s the trough. I’ll pour a cup water down drain later today to make sure drain is clear but wondering what else could be the issue. I’d appreciate any insights.

49280495-9214-4503-8478-6B8B8162984F.jpeg

Pasa06

Premium Member
So I'm new to this forum and not sure if I'm posting things correctly but I could really use some advice about my issue. The drain was cleared and cleaned but now ice if forming around tube. Maybe the drain trough does needs to be replaced. Thanks in advance.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Pasa06 said:
Maybe the drain trough does needs to be replaced.

Possibly, maybe the drain tubing is the problem? Maybe the tubing is just not attached to the trough properly?

It really needs someone to look at it in person. There's not alot that someone can do from afar (like from here in a forums).

Did you have a Subzero factory service depot to look at it? That is whom I recommend as they'd be most familiar with that model's intricacies. Subzero are not the same as every other appliance. They have unique issues often known by only their trained technicians.

JMO

Dan O.

Pasa06

Premium Member
Hi Dan O:
Appreciate your response. Thank you so much. We had a technician take a look at it but I'm not sure if he was SubZero trained technician. He had cleared clogged drain when water was collecting under crisper drawer. Now its icing up. The drain tube is well connected to drain trough and on second visit he said it was the trough that needed to be replaced. Its not clear to me how a new trough would prevent ice forming. I'll look in directory for someone with expertise with Subzero per your suggestion. If you have a recommendation in Pasadena, CA, let me know.
thanks!