• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Subzero refrigerator/freezers 700TCI- Defrost Problem

drobins9

Premium Member
Hello- Just wanted to follow-up and say I got this done, in case it is helpful for others. I didn't see a good use for a board, but the 4 clamps removed pretty easily with some skinny needle nose pliers. I had to remove all 4 screws on the evaporator because the brown wire from the heater behind the evaporator needs to slide out the back behind it. I removed the right 2 evaporator screws and loosened the left ones. I squeezed the stiff tube at the bottom right of the heater past the evaporator (it took a little force) so ultimately, the brown wire was fully and the only thing behind the evaporator. I then pulled the evaporator forward and slide the brown wire behind the evaporator (be careful to keep the wire pushed against the back so it doesn't damage any of the fins on the evaporator.) Once the wire was on the left I put the right evaporator screws back in place, removed the left ones, and slide the heating element off. I then did the reverse to install the new one.

The new heater tube doesn't snap in perfectly and needs to be bent a little to get it as snug as possible in the proper grooves.

It now heats up great!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The new heater tube doesn't snap in perfectly and needs to be bent a little to get it as snug as possible in the proper grooves.
Hmm......