• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Superba not cooling. Relay?

carfan87

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRB25FHSS
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello,
<O:p</O:p

I've been reading through the forums and it seems like my refrigerator has the same symptoms of a bad relay. Both the fan down below and the fan inside the freezer are running. The inside lights come on. The compressor does not sound like it's on. The temp in the fridge and freezer are 62 degrees. I hear a relay? in the lower left clicking every 2-4 minutes or so. The model is KSRB25FHSS and was from late 2000. Where is the relay located and what's the best way to test it? Anything else I should look at? I have some basic electronics knowledge...<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Thanks,<O:p</O:p
Chad

carfan87

Premium Member
I pulled the start relay off tonight and it's for sure bad. The ceramic type disc has disintegrated. I went to pick up a new relay (part number 2262185) but that does not appear to fit inside the white relay box that looks more like the picture below or part number 2261636. But I see people talking about using one that looks like the link below. Which is the correct Whirlpool part number to use? Did they update the part to one that does not go bad so fast?

Start Relay 8201799 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Thanks!

carfan87

Premium Member
Looks like they reverted back to an old style since the one I had was failing. I installed the new relay and it works!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member