• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Swing settings, lux 1500

Datagg

Premium Member
Model Number
Lux 1500
Brand
Hello,

My house uses a Lux 1500 thermostat here in AZ. I would like the temperate to be more consistent. Stat set at 77 and seems to turn on after awhile when it turns 78. This gets really uncomfortable. If i turn down the current set "swing cycle" from the default 4 to 1, will it be quicker turning on, thus keeping the desired temp tighter? This swing stuff confuses me. Thank you.

Last edited:

Eric Anderson ANW

Premium Member
Straight out of the LUX TX1500E manual found here.

"SWING SETTING
A thermostat works by turning your heating or cooling system on and off whenever the
room temperature varies from the set-point temperature. The amount of this variation is
called the “swing.” Your system should cycle on about 3 to 6 times per hour. A smaller
swing number increases the number of cycles per hour, so the room temperature is more
precise and constant. A larger swing number decreases the number of cycles per hour,
but saves energy in most cases. To change the Swing setting, turn the dial to RUN mode.
Hold down the NEXT button and push the HOLD button once, then let go of both. The
words SWING and SET will appear on the screen with a number. Use the UP/DOWN
buttons to change the number value between 1 and 9. Number 1 is the default setting.
Press the NEXT button to accept the setting and return to normal Run mode."

So it seems that its simply a setting that lets the temperature vary more to save money and reduce the number of cycles that the system goes through. Interestingly you'll note that the manual states the default setting is 1 (least amount of variation) and you mention that yours is set at 4 so someone must have already adjusted it. Anyhow, hope this is helpful.