• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Tappan Oven not working properly

Davey Boy

Model Number
Millenium
Brand
Tappan
When preheating my oven, It will initially heat up but if I don't (only for a split second) turn on a burner, the oven will go cold. The ignitor will turn on and stay on. You can see the orange glow and everything. When you turn the burner on you hear a sound like releasing vacuum from the gas lines. If you don't turn on the burner (only for a second) then the ignitor will stay on all day and the oven will not heat up. After you turn on the burner the oven works just fine.

I actually found a thread from the past about this very thing on this site. That is how I found this site to begin with. My stove is old enough to warrant buying a new one but right now my health and finances won't allow that so for right now I would like to fix it. Hope someone has an idea.

Someone for some stupid reason has attached my stove to the floor and with my health I cannot get to the back of it right now so all I can provide is what I can see from the front. Hope that's ok.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model Number: Millenium

I don't know what that is but it is not the model number which is what we need to identify the appliance in question. Please post it.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Dan O.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I actually found a thread from the past about this very thing on this site. That is how I found this site to begin with.
Yes, I helped another member back in 2015 with this exact same problem:
It was the oven glow bar ignitor that was the culprit.

Dan is correct, we'd need the model number first.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.