Techs: second-floor application

makakio

Premium Member
Hi Guys - have posted here a few times and sincerely appreciate the help. Am ditching the Kenmore 417 after a couple years of problems. We live in split-level hillside home and the laundry room us upstairs (on framed flooring, not concrete). The 417 was great for the first 14 months or so - quiet and held things in balance - then when stuff started breaking inside it's been really obnoxious to run b/c of the lumping and thumping - it shakes the laundry room something awful going up to and coming down from spin.

So, throwing away a washer w. less than 4 years on it because iof crap design.

While I do remember our oooold, cheap top-load washer walking a bit on heavy towel loads -- and not being especially quiet, I'm wondering what to do as a next washer (have also posted a question similar to this in the Kenmore forum) next.

I've got a whole decision to make regarding F/L or T/L, but in your opinions what would you recommend for a second-floor (or non-concrete floor) application where quiet and smooth spin cycles matters?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi makakio,

I posted what I thought was just the most basic brand with the least problems here:
http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/sears-kenmore/16477-real-question-what-washer-next.html

The front loaders have been problem some I know to say the least, especially on the earlier models, but over time they've been doing somewhat better.

I had a Maytag top-load washer for 16 years, and never broke down, I purchased a GE front-loader(Made by Whirlpool) in 2006 and its been doing great.

I leave the door open on it all time to prevent the mold/mildew smells/issues.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help makakio.:)

Jake