FIXED Temp & Function display disappears, oven turns off.

gravure

Premium Member
Model Number
AOCS3040SS
Brand
Amana
I have an Amana AOCS3040SS, serial 9708142014 convection oven. I have just replaced the
relay board suspecting this to be the initial problem but no, the problem still exists: Set
any function (Bake, Broil, Convection Oven, etc etc), I set temperature, display responds as it
should indicating my set temp (350F) then after a few seconds drops to the start temp (170F)
as normal. After a few more seconds the temp & function display totally disappears leaving
only the time displayed and the oven useless. No error messages and ERC appears OK, but not sure. Besides ERC controllers for this model are obsolete! Any advice appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its the clock oven control board(EOC) that's bad.

Yes, you are correct its No Longer Available.

Time to go new wall oven shopping before the Holidays get here.

Jake

gravure

Premium Member
Thanks for your quick response. I have since obtained a rebuilt 30746801 ERC from Corecentric.com (recommended by Amana) as a last resort. I hooked this up today and immediately on flipping the switch the oven started beeping and showed error F1 indicating a faulty ERC. It could be Concentric sent me a faulty replacement and they will replace it. Before it arrives I'd like to know if some other fault down-line may be frying the ERC?
Thanks
Bill

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It could be Concentric sent me a faulty replacement and they will replace it. Before it arrives I'd like to know if some other fault down-line may be frying the ERC?
No Bill, I've replaced many of these in years pasted and never had it go out again.

Here's the original one for your model: Oven Control Board 31746801 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Concentric has this exact one listed on their site here: http://www.corecentricsolutions.com/RFR_Price_List.html

I don't understand why they are sending that 30746801 ERC.

Jake

gravure

Premium Member
Sorry Jake my mistake, the one I received from Corecentric is 31746801 not 30746801. I'll update you once the replacement board is install etc. You've been a great help.
Bill

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bill, thanks for clearing that up, and yes please keep us posted.

Jake

gravure

Premium Member
Ok Bill, thanks for clearing that up, and yes please keep us posted.

Jake
Jake, Received new ECB from Corecentric and installed. I have a working Amana oven again! The remanufactured ECB comes with a 6 month warranty, in your experience, can expect a reasonable operating life?
Thanks for help!
Bill

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Most of these places where you can get or have a board rebuilt haven't been around that long or at least not rebuilding appliance boards. That's a fairly new option due to the increasing costs of control boards. Because the manufacturer (in your case, Whirlpool) usually has them manufactured for their machines, once the production run is over, so are the boards. It's somewhere between 5 and 10 years. Then once the excess parts are gone, that's it. Hopefully you can get a couple more years out of that board. Good Luck

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree with Rick, but let add something, anytime you click a link to RepairClinic for example your control board: Oven Control Board 31746801 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com and it says Not Available just below that you will see a link that says: Where can I get this part?

You just click that link and it will show you 3 places that you can click to see if they have it or can rebuild it for you.:)

Corecentric is the 1st link listed. Many members here have used Corecentric with good results, I've never heard of negative feedback from them.

Glad that fixed it Bill.:)

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I didn't know that about clicking on "Not Available"! It's these darn new glasses I have....