Thank You

jtccustoms

Jake,

I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for all the help you have provided in this forum. I scoured through this post hoping to find a little bit of help to my Maytag ice-maker issues. I was able to browse the forum and find all of the information you posted very helpful and easy to follow.

I just went through the troubleshooting procedures myself and found out what was wrong with my ice-maker without even knowing the model # with just a bit of testing. I'm ordering a new module after shorting ports T & H with nothing but a bit of buzzing going on. Everything else tested out perfect and I was even able to test everything else to make sure that was my only issue. Looks like I'll be ordering a new module and ice-maker now.

If you have a multimeter and 5 minutes of time, you should be able to easily troubleshoot an ice-maker issue. Even if you don't have a clue how to use a multimeter!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job jt.:)

Jake

richpearl

Jake, I don't know where to provide a "thank you" for your help, but I hope this well work. Thanks much for posting the link to Powerman's GE F7 error link back in June 2007. I already sent a thank-you to Powerman, but I wouldn't have gotten the help I needed if I hadn't found your link. Anyway, you and Powerman saved me somewhere between $350 and $950. The index card trick fixed my 14-year-old GE electric single oven wall unit. GE service phone told me that the best thing would be to purchase a new electronic panel and have them install it, quoting a range of $350 to $450, although they did admit that I would have to call another number to get an accurate rate for the actual repair cost. They said that the new equivalent GE model would be $900 plus tax.

Anyway, their quotes drove me to the internet, where I quickly found your forum and the F7 references. The fix was perfect and easy to do, even for an old, not-so-handy man such as myself. Thanks for your help! I'll be checking with your site before calling service in the future.

Rich

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Rich, good job.:)

Glad our site saved you all that money.:)

Jake