• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Thermador 48 inch range oven problems. PRD48JDSGU /10 - FD 960600124

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Shreve66 said:
It’s strange

Not really. High-end appliances are not as popular and the manufacturers like to keep information 'in house'. Have you tried asking Thermador if a service manual is available? Or ask for the manual's part number so you can search for it.

JMO

Dan O.

Shreve66

Premium Member
Have you tried asking Thermador if a service manual is available? Or ask for the manual's part number so you can search for it.

I have called them several times. Once, I was accidentally connected to a tech support guy, but that is for commercial use only. He said he wasn’t supposed to speak with me, wouldn’t give me advice, but did answer some questions. That’s when I learned the big dial on the front doesn’t do anything useful.

I now keep a thermometer in my oven, crank the dial to 500 and monitor the temp every 15 minutes and adjust accordingly. Kinda sucks because the oven wasn’t cheap.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Some of the manufacturers don't realize it's the brands with readily available parts and service information that are most recommended.

I guess if you're only in a niche market the actual sales numbers don't matter as much. Just charge more for the product.

Dan O.

Shreve66

Premium Member
Some of the manufacturers don't realize it's the brands with readily available parts and service information that are most recommended.
Yeah. They definitely don’t make it easy to repair their items. Lesson learned. When I sell my house, no longer my worries.

After this ordeal, I’ll always cook with a thermometer in any oven I’ll own.