• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Thermador combo oven/micro/warming drawer not keeping temperature in Bake mode

jbruzz

I have a Thermador combo oven/micro/warming drawer not keeping temperature in Bake mode, or so it seems. I replaced the thermostat, the temperature sensor and finally the Relay board. I even checked the bake heating element and has good continuity and resistance. I thought I had it fixed because when I turned it on it was heating, then it started losing temperature again. Other than the control board I don't know what it could be.

BUT, today I was playing around with it again and saw the oven get to temp 350 that what it was initially set to BUT but as soon as I opened the door (quickly closed it) the temp dropped fast and kept dropping even after I closed the door. It's as if I turned it off by just opening the door. I hear a click when I open/close the door. Now I am thinking there is some bad microswitch in the door lock that is causing the oven to shut off when the door gets opened, even just a little bit.

Just a wild guess maybe its a bad microswitch in the door latch? I looked at the door latch part and it does have 2 microswitches, I am guessing one of them is bad? not sure yet.
Has anyone else seen this before?