• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Threw away AC front panel - can't find model # - help!

jav100

Model Number
Unknown
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi,

I have a Frigidaire room air conditioner mounted in a wall cut out. During the move of our upstairs tenant, the front panel (what covers the AC or the face of it) and filter was lost.

I would like to buy or find a replacement front panel and filter. The tenant cannot find any stickers on the unit so we cannot identify what model number it is. He did take a photo of it which I attached here.

Is there anyway to identify it? I called and emailed Frigidaire but they weren't much help. I can't believe the sticker is the ONLY place where the model # is. Replacing the unit will be the cost of a new unit and the cost to install as its in the wall on the third floor.

Please help!

Attachments

• 61127808603__1583CB99-FA0F-47A1-BB29-5B67FD548422.JPG
    61127808603__1583CB99-FA0F-47A1-BB29-5B67FD548422.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 145

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Are you certain the model and serial number tag was on that panel?? Usually the identification tag is affixed to the air conditioner body, either behind the grill or on the cabinet side toward the front.

Other than that, if you got some part numbers off of some of its components (the electronic control, fan motor, fan blades, etc.) they might be able to be traced back to a specific model. (The more part numbers the better to narrow down possibilities.)

It's very unlikely anyone will recognize the model by just looking at a picture of it.

Dan O.

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If you find any numbers stamped into the plastic of the front grill, I might be able to trace it back to a specific model to look up the other, missing part(s). When you remove the grill to look for the model number tag, also look for part numbers stamped into the grill's panels.

Dan O.

Last edited:
G

The model number and BTU size of this air conditioner will be on a sticker on the right side of the unit. If it's mounted very flush, you may have to go outside or pull the cabinet out a few inches to view it. The attached picture is of a 16,000 BTU Frigidaire that's in the same family as yours. It's model number FFRH1822RE. Hopefully that will point you in the right direction!

Attachments

• frigidaire-window-air-conditioners-ffrh1822re-64_1000.jpg
    frigidaire-window-air-conditioners-ffrh1822re-64_1000.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 104