• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Troubleshooting GE GDT545PSJ2SS Dishwasher: no power on buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

HendrikAJasper

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT545PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
Hi. So my three-year-old GDT545PSJ2SS has been, like for many other people, giving the three-tone "door opening" sound at least once an hour (or more) over many months. But then it dies completely. A GE repair person came out 3 months ago, tightened the wires, and said the control board (under the unit) was fine. When he plugged it back it, it worked. He left and then it resumed with the once-an-hour door-opening sound until yesterday, when it fully died again. Sometimes I can reboot it with turning on and off the power, but finally that doesn't work. Not too eager to pay for another service call if I can solve this on my own.

I checked the control board today, and it's giving a STEADY GREEN. But other than that, there is no sign of power to the unit. Pressing SELECT CYCLE + START for five seconds yields nothing. All dark.

Based on my previous reading of similar posts, this situation would seem to indicate the User Interface board needs to be replaced. I've looked into the process for that, and it's involved, but I'm up for doing it if we can be reasonably confident that that is indeed the problem. Are there other tests I should undertake to confirm?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You mean it just beeps out of the blue when the dishwasher is NOT even running, when its NOT in use?

If that's the case, then yes, its the UI Board that you will need to replace.

Here's the user interface(UI) board for your model:
WD21X23461 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Remember--->You have to set the personality jumpers on the new UI Board before you install it or it will not work, the instructions that came with the new UI Board show you how to do it.:)

Here's the service manual instructions for your exact model:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XTOXM0wA0UJEuucW0deIni17sMPtDGtD

Page 26 Door Removal
Page 28 Separate Door
Page 29 Front Control Console Removal
Page 30 UI Removal

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

HendrikAJasper

Premium Member
Thanks. Yes, before it went completely dark, it would beep (making the three-tone open-door sound) randomly when not in use. The timing would be every couple of hours or as frequently as 15 minutes apart. Kinda annoying.

I will let you know how it goes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, got it!

Yes, the new UI Board should fix it.

Yes, Let us know.

Jake

HendrikAJasper

Premium Member
Hi. The UI board came today. I installed it, and it fired up right away. I'm doing a load of dishes right now. Very grateful for your assistance!

HJ

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent HJ, glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.