TV Forum

eddie57

Premium Member
Hi, Does anyone know of a good forum for assistance with a television set? Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't know of one but I fixed both of mine from information I googled online. Use the model number and description of the problem as key words. Most TV's are made up of 2-4 modules.

eddie57

Premium Member
See if this is any help:
Thanks for the troubleshooting guide. Do I have to lay the TV on a flat surface or can I just remove the back cover to check the modules in an upright position? TV on a stand. Also, as long as it is unplugged I am safe, correct? Thanks

eddie57

Premium Member
I opened it up and I couldn't see any areas that had any burned capacitor's or bloated capacitors. There are two fuses, but they are colored and I an not sure how to remove them. I have attached picture of the fuses and power board. I can posts pictures of all the modules if you'd like. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the deal, I don't know anything about fixing TV's. I managed to fix mine because it had a few bad capacitors. Before removing any fuses I'd check them first and see if they're bad.

eddie57

Premium Member
Hi Rick, I used the multimeter I got at harbor freight and the fuses tested good. I also tested some new ATC fuses I had and they also had the same reading. I am a novice using a multimeter, and the picture I have attached is the setting I used to test the fuses. From what I've read on the internet it's probably the power board. If I have find it at a reasonable price I will buy it. If it's too expensive I'll go with a new TV. Thank you for all your input.

Attachments