• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

TWO dead microwaves

moto52000

Premium Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
10
Location
Utah
Model Number
MV16XX
Brand
LG
Hi all, Well I'm stumped. Our ~1yr old GoldStar MV16xx microwave that suddenly just stopped heating. Everything else work fine, just no heat. I started looking on the boards and tested everything that I could finding nothing. New Magnatron is ~$80 so I went to Best Buy to see what they had, lucky me they had same model display for sale for $90. Brought it home and it worked fine FOR 1 WEEK then the same thing happened....no heating. I'm thinking something with the outlet? worst luck on the planet? what do you think?
 
Top