• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED U-2175 BEVCOL-60 U-Line undercounter refrigerator - Evap fan not working

roscoej

Premium Member
Model Number
U-2175 BEVCOL-60
I have a U-line undercounter refrigerator that stop working and was giving me a constant three beep sound and flashing "38" on the display. I called U-line tech support and they helped me troubleshoot and determined that I needed a new evaporator fan which I replaced. Unfortunately, that did not fix the problem. I was able to put the unit in service mode to check all the relays as there is a mode that cycles through each relay automatically. Everything seemed to work except the new evap fan did not work. I spoke to customer service and they said that I might have a bad new evap fan ( not likely) or there is no power getting to the fan. The wire connection to the evap fan is not one I think I can test with my voltmeter and customer service was not able to walk me through testing voltage on the main circuit board. They said my only option is to replace the main circuit board. Before I do that, I was wondering if anyone has any advice or has faced this issue with a U-line refrigerator before.
Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't find anything with that number. The evaporator fan motor will have the operating voltage on it's model tag. If it's a DC motor you're looking for 12-13 VDC. If it's an AC motor you're looking for 120 VAC. The voltage for a DC fan motor will come from the control board.

roscoej

Premium Member
Thanks. U-line service said that the expected voltage for the fan would be between 6-13 Volts so DC as you point out. The control board is very hard to access. Any other recommendations on testing the fan voltage?
Thanks

roscoej

Premium Member
Here's an update. Ordered and replaced control board as directed using the jumper provided with the control board. Turns out when I installed the new evaporator fan, I over tightened the mounting screws that put the back panel in place. This created pressure on the fan and it could not rotate. I discovered this with a magnet on the door switch while I was adjusting the back panel. The evap fan started rotating when I pulled the panel away. In retrospect, not sure I needed a new control board but I have it now. Everything working and getting to temp. Just an FYI to those out there.

rickgburton

Staff member
Ordered and replaced control board as directed .......... not sure I needed a new control board
Who directed you to replace the board?? If you would have listened to what Uline and I both told you, you would have known you didn't need a board. LOL Anyways, glad you got it working! Thanks for the update.

roscoej

Premium Member
Read the thread. I think you advised me to replace the board if there was no voltage. I tested the voltage at the board which was difficult to get to with the unit on, and got no DC voltage.

rickgburton

Staff member
If you had no voltage the fan wouldn't work. You obviously had voltage. It was just stuck.