• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Unknown Service Error Code for 665.13269K114

trans4md

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13269K114
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have been attempting to locate a root cause for an issue which originally began as an intermittent failure of the unit to complete a cycle or, if it did complete, the dishes were left wet.

The initial diagnostic cycle returned errors 6-6 (Inlet Water-Cool Water) and 7-1 (Heating-No Heat). I verified that the water inlet temperature was about 120 degrees. I also verified the resistance of the heater and verified connections, etc. No faults were found and the unit continued to work properly after clearing the codes.

When the issue was next encountered, the diagnostic cycle returned error 6-6 again, but also error 3-4 (Thermistor/OWI-???). I assumed that error 6-6 might have been set since the customer repeatedly attempted to run cycles out of frustration and so I have no paid special attention to this issue. The tech sheet that I have located for this model does not include information for error 3-4 (only 3-1 through 3-3). However since the function code (3) relates to the Thermistor/OWI, and since the behavior seemed to indicate water temperature issues, I did check the resistance of the NTC thermistor at various temperatures. I obtained the following measurements: 36.6 kilohm at 75 degrees (f), 28.5 kilohm at 110 degrees (f), and 28.26 kilohm at 104 degrees (f). Since these measurements appeared to be out-of-spec, the OWI was replaced.

When the issue was next encountered , the diagnostic cycle continued to return the 3-4. Since the tech sheet does not include information for error 3-4, I’m concerned that the tech sheet that I have for this model is not correct. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
the OWI was replaced
Hi,

Anytime you replace a part on these new dishwashers you always have to run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

■ Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that, and report back.:)

Jake

trans4md

Premium Member
Jake,

I appreciate your response. Though I didn't specifically mention it, immediately after replacing the OWI sensor, I did run the service diagnostic cycle through to completion and then retrieved the new code(s). Actually, in subsequent attempts to troubleshoot the issue, I have executed the service diagnostic cycle to completion at least a couple more times. The unknown code (3-4) continues to be reported following the service diagnostic cycle execution.

Thanks again. I appreciate the help!

` Brian

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then it sounds like your control board is the culprit, because there is no 3-4 error code.

Order and replace the control board:
Control Board W10595569

Jake

trans4md

Premium Member
Then it sounds like your control board is the culprit, because there is no 3-4 error code.

Jake,

I appreciate your reply. I am happy for your suggestion which is based on your many years of experience. I also suspected that the next step would be to replace the control board, but due to my lack of experience I wanted to solicit input from others like yourself. So, this is very confirming for me.

Thanks again for your help,

` Brian

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Brian, that's all it can be at this point.

Jake