• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

VBSR3100DAWW Hotpoint washer has no spin cycle

hotpoint john

Premium Member
Model Number
VBSR3100DAWW
Brand
Hotpoint
Have a Hotpoint washer MOD # VBSR3100DAWW -it will run as normal except it won't spin after the rinse cycle and lower area of washer seems to have a slight hum and if left your can smell electrical smell .I'm assuming motor trying to turn??

I have checked pressure switch NC+COMMON has continuity, and opens on meter when you blow into pressure tube, NO+ common shows open and closes when you apply air to pressure switch tube and tube is clear as well as pressure bell.

Have metered the lid switch which shows open when lid is open and continuity when closed. Have bypassed lid switch so I can open lid when machine is active I will explain why below.

I let machine wash clothes then go into rinse the water drains and you can hear a click but wont spine only slight hum noise. I then open lid and manually turn agitator top and them it will start to spin.(This is why I bypassed lid switch to manually turn)

I can't figure is this in a broken clutch of bad capacitor ?I tested capacitor with meter and it seems ok I put meter on 1000 ohms and when metering capacitor it jumps up then goes back to zero I was told this is good.

Any idea of what issue may be?

thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I have seen this many times on my service calls, its bad transmission and unfortunately they are No Longer Available:

Jake