VBXR1090DBWW Hotpoint Washer Intermittent Drain. Have to turn off and on to drain.

leichte

Premium Member
Model Number
VBXR1090DBWW
Brand
Hotpoint
My Hotpoint washer doesn't drain completely in either cycle. It drains about half way and then stops. I have to turn off the washer and wait 3-4 minutes and then pull the knob to restart drain cycle. It drains for about 10 seconds and then stops again. This continues until it has completely drained and then starts the spin cycle. I have to do this for each load I do.

If I let it run without stop and start, the closes don't drain and there is a burning smell. Although, the burning doesn't seem to be coming from the motor. Motor is not clogged either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

If its not draining properly, then you possibly have something partially clogging in your drain pump, I've seen that many times on my service calls.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WH23X10030

Video included in part link to access it. Then once you access it, remove the hoses that connect to it and remove the drain pump and look inside it for something clogging it. Have some big old towels ready because some water will come out when you remove those hoses that connect to it.

Unplug your washer before you begin.

Let us know what you find.

Jake