• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

VCSB42DSS Viking Refrigerator Water Dispenser

jwharan

Model Number
VCSB42DSS
Brand
Viking
I am hoping someone may be able to assist me, based on my symptoms, even if they dont have actual knowledge of Viking Refrigerators. It is a 2005 Side by Side. The water dispenser in the door, and the icemaker work intermittently. When I press the dispenser, I hear the water valve on the bottom of the fridge attempting to operate. it makes a slight humming noise, and I see the water supply line that I have attached to the valve, tense up, and attempt to move water. Since it is intermittent, is this a sign of a bad valve, does it need to be replaced? Any advice would be helpful. I am attaching a service manual i found for a similar model.

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model Number VCSB42DSS
I have limited resources for Viking products but that model number looks incorrect. There are usually at least 3 numbers it their fridge model numbers.

Did you get it right off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag?

jwharan said:
The water dispenser in the door, and the icemaker work intermittently.
Is it the icemaker that works intermittently or the ice dispenser that works intermittently? Those are two different things.

jwharan said:
When I press the dispenser, I hear the water valve on the bottom of the fridge attempting to operate. it makes a slight humming noise, and I see the water supply line that I have attached to the valve, tense up, and attempt to move water. Since it is intermittent...
Is that when it IS working or when it is NOT working?

If what you say is true, it sounds to me like the valve IS opening. I can't see any other reason tension in the water line would change. If water is NOT flowing, the same tension should be on the water line whether the valve is opening or not.

Last edited: