FIXED VCSB5483 Viking Refrigerator fridge and freezer not cooling properly

bwz123

Premium Member
Model Number
VCSB5483
Brand
Hello,

Viking Refrigerator Repairman needed in Los Angeles/Woodland Hills.

I'm new to the forum and in need of a great refrigerator repairman to sort out my Viking VCSB5483SS. I have tried a few fixes on my own with no success.

Here the issues, fridge and freezer were not cooling properly. The fridge was freezing liquids while the freezer was running warm. I was having a problem with ice on the evaporator coils and was unable to do a manual defrost, so I replaced the defrost terminator. I'm still getting a small amount of ice build up on the bottom left side of the coils.

Temperatures stayed level for a few weeks but then started fluctuating again so I replaced the low voltage board. I'm still having issues getting the unit to cool to proper temps on both sides. Fridge is set to 34 but when I checked this morning it was at 43 degrees. This is after sitting all night unopened. The same problem with the freezer, its set at 0 but only reading 8 degrees. The fan on the freezer side dosn't seem to be blowing air, while the one on the fridge side is only blowing cool not cold.

I noticed after changing the low voltage board the interior fans shut off when the door is open. I this correct?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If the machine has been plugged in and running for longer than 24 hours, leave it plugged in and running and remove the evaporator cover. Take a few pictures of the frost pattern and post them here.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I'm still getting a small amount of ice build up on the bottom left side of the coils.
Only there and nowhere else on the coils?

As Rick said, pictures of the evaporator showing its condition before defrosting would help.

Dan o.