• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

VERY annoying dryer End of Cycle Signal

sah

Premium Member
Model Number
LTE5243DQ
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello:

I just purchased a model LTE5243DHQ Whirlpool 24" TwinThin - one of the main reasons we purchased it is we were informed by are dealers Whirlpool
tech. adviser that we could turn of the dryers End of Cycle signal (or VERY annoying buzzer) by simply turning the Start Dryer button to the off position.

Well we are very dismayed to find that is not the case - But, I have read several posts about just disconnecting one of the wires from the buzzer and carefully securing and safeguarding it so it does not short out - I have no problem doing this - BUT, my question is, will doing the void the warranty ??

Thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
No, it won't void your warranty as long as you tape the end of the wire so there is no chance it can short out. I tried to find a tech sheet but no luck so look at the two wires on it and see if you can trace the one that's connected to the neutral side and remove that wire. If you have your tech sheet and can post the wiring diagram here I'll tell you which wire it is.

sah

Premium Member
Thank you so much for your reply - this is indeed good news - I do have the tech sheet which I removed from the plastic pocket on the machine, but I'm not sure how to
post it.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Leave the black wire on. That's the hot side. Remove the blue wire that's the neutral side.

sah

Premium Member
Leave the black wire on. That's the hot side. Remove the blue wire that's the neutral side.

Ok, thanks. Just the opposite of what I thought. Just to verify on accessing the buzzer - I remove the 4 phillips screws (2 per side) remove the plastic end caps
and pull out and down on the front panel - is this right? Putting it back - a bit trickier, but reverse the process?

sah

Premium Member
I've opened the front control panel - and suprise, both wires going to the buzzer are black, one of the BK wires has writing on it the other is just black.
I decided to just disconnect both wires and wrapped them well in electrical tape - now, I'm trying to figure out the control panel goes back in place - not as
simple as I thought it would be!