• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Very low water pressure when filter present

tack

Premium Member
Model Number
ED5FHAXVB00
Brand
Whirlpool
Well my refrigerator is giving me a double dose of fun lately. Within a short period of time, my ice maker puked and also we have very little (unusable) amount of water pressure from the water dispenser.

The low water pressure started immediately following changing out a filter. I have always changed when indicated on the screen. This last time, I changed it like I always do but we have VERY weak water pressure when trying to get water dispensed. The funny thing is that if I pull the filter out, the water pressure is back to normal.

I knew it would be a waste, but I tried another filter and experienced the same low pressure results. So, I doubt it is 2 bad/clogged filters in a row. I know little about refrigerators, hence why I am here, but I would guess that the valve or receiver for the filter is clogged/broken.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You're on the right track. If you have hard water the mineral deposits build up on the housing connectors and water line. Try using a razor blade to cut off about 1" of water line then reinserting into the housing.

If that doesn't fix it replace the housing:
Water Filter Housing W10121138 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Water-Filter-Housing-W10121138--01346513.jpg

tack

Premium Member
Just took things apart and confirmed it is the housing. Thanks again! You are 2 for 2 today :)