• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

VGRC3656BBSS Viking gas oven burners sputter or are very low

katiposch

Hi, I year ago I replaced my igniters on my Viking Range Model VGRC3656BBSS because I was having problems with the oven. The oven was not getting to temp and the igniter was lighting but flame was really low . All was great for a while but then my originally problem resurfaced. My igniters light but the flame then greatly diminishes. It happens a lot but not always. Some one mentioned replacing the safety valve. Do you have a source, video or directions on this?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately Viking has made it almost impossible to get any information or parts for their appliances.

pjstock

Premium Member
don't despair. in my limited (and amateur) experience Viking ranges are are least simple. On my older viking range does not have lot of, if any, electronics. I used non-viking but viking-compatible ignitors (found on ebay) when my originals failed and they have worked correctly.
and yours (if the one I saw when I searched your S/N is the one you have) looks newer but equally Low Tech.
but it sounds is if you need someone here describe for you how the burners work. I remember my oven was not getting hot but I cannot remember the reason why. (it is documented in a thread here somewhere.) but it did have to do with the ignitors not getting the gas tubes hot enough for them to draw sufficient gas to burn at full temperature. I'll have to refresh my memory.
my gas tubes were slightly damaged/corroded but I was told that was not an issue. it was the ignitors.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
This one?