VGSC305-4BDSS Viking oven not getting up to temp

bosullivan

Premium Member
Model Number
VGSC305-4BDSS
Brand
-major brand-
Hi! I have a Viking VGSC305-4BDSS that has an issue with the oven. Left side was formerly fine with appropriate size flame, but the right side was not lighting correctly. I replaced both oven burner tubes while I was in there. Now both are lighting just fine, ignitors are good, but the flame is very low on both burners. Doesn't matter how high I crank it, I still see a lower than expected flame. Now running for 30+ minutes and still not preheated to 350. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

bosullivan

Premium Member
Additional troubleshooting observations... from a cold start the oven takes around 2 minutes to ignite. The igniters both glow right away, but no flame for a while. Also, after they do finally light I get a good flame from the left burner for about 2 seconds, then it is reduced to a very low flame. If I crank all 4 top burners I get a temporary change in flame strength, but only briefly. Once all 4 top burners are turned off, the oven does go out briefly then returns to the puny little flame. Maybe not enough resistance from the ignitors? Sory, I don't know much about this subject.