FIXED Vibration Problem

ejh

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The dryer runs, but has a vibration that has gotten worse over the last few weeks. I pulled the bottom cover off and looked around. Noticed on the lower left, where the ducting which routes aif from the dry our the exhaust is vibrating significantly. When I push on the where the horizontal duct mates to the vertical duct the vibration and noise diminishes significantly (see jpeg of area). I did find the clip lying in the lower left hand corner, not sure where it is from but is does not appear to fit or have an application for where the two ducts join. It is about 2inches long (see jpeg) .I'm thinking I might just need to take it all apart remove the drum, reassamble and hope that things line up correctly and the problem sovles it self. I appreciate any advice you may have.

Attachments

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Make sure nothing is in the fan blower wheel ( like a bounce sheet ), make sure the blower wheel is not broken/cracked.

Clip...

ldrwp4r-blower-housing.jpg

jeff.

ejh

Premium Member
Jeff you were right on target! The problem was major lint build up. Once cleaned it runs smooth. I cleaned it a couple of years ago. I need to check out the integrity of the lint filter screen. Seems like too much is geting through. The photo of the clip orientation was just what I needed. My sincere thanks and gratitude for the assit;)