• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED *VIDEO* Whirlpool WDT920SADM2 Dishwasher leaking from door

pom82

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT920SADM2
Brand
Whirlpool
HI All
Looking for some help on this please.
As the title says, its leaking from the door, the floor under the center of the tub is dry, all water accumulation is at the front. I just replaced the gasket(inner seal) but same problem.

Video is backside of the door bottom left
Video of the leak:

Thank You

pom82

Premium Member
HI
I changed the rotating spray arm on the bottom and that did the trick.
Hope this helps

pom82

Premium Member
well i had replaced the door gasket and it still leaked and I had read somewhere(another forum, dont remember) that an old spray arm could be spraying water downwards(as opposed to upwards) and causing the water accumulated at the bottom of the washer to push up against the door and bottom door seal during a wash cycle and subsequently leak out of unprotected areas . My last option if that wouldn't have worked was the water sensor mechanism(forgot actual name of piece) , the piece that controls how much water gets pumped into the washer assembly

no to answer your question, the spray arm was not broken, looked completely fine, showed no areas that may be cracked but it was the culprit

kalla

Premium Member
Thank you. Even i replaced the gasket and ordered the bottom seal.But i feel the bottom seal might not be causing it and i don’t want to open the whole thing for no result. i happened to see the video you posted. Let me order this part and try. One last question did the water leak from the corners and dis it leak like 2-3 cups? Thank you very much for answering my questions.

kalla

Premium Member
Thank you . Looks like a similar problem.
I might buy the bottom spray arm replacement

pom82

Premium Member
wowza, does your leak start about 60-90 seconds into the cycle?
i would actually hear the spray arm turning in there and the water would come out as i could hear the rotation of the arm, that what made me pretty sure i had isolated the problem.
in your case, if you replace the spray arm and it still leaks then i would definitly replace the bottom door seal next
wont cost you anything anyways, you could always return the parts you dont keep, that what i did!

kalla

Premium Member
I observed that the leak starts pretty much a little while after the filling of water stops.And it mostly leaks when i hear the spray of the water.

Yea i will keep the bottom seal and return it back if the issue is resolved with spray arm replacement. I will keep you posted

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry @pom82 we must of missed your thread by accident, glad the new spay arm fixed it.(y)

I believe you read it on our forum at this thread:

Your model uses the exact same lower spray arm here:
Arm-Spray

Jake

kalla

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I read the same post. I ordered the spray arm . I am trying to find a video on how to replace it on my whirlpool gold dishwasher WDT920SADM2?Is there any reference video for it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

kalla

Premium Member
spray arm did the magic. Replacing the spray arm fixed it. Thanks for your help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake