Viking VCSB548D freezing food in refrigerator

Big Ern

Premium Member
Model Number
VCSB548D
Brand
Hello
I have a Viking 48" side by side that is freezing food in the fridge. Thermometers in fridge read 25 degrees F and freezer down to -15 degrees F. Seems the compressor is running constantly.Have previously tested both thermistors resistance values and are accurate throughout temp range.
Also defrosted complete unit for 2 days,thoroughly cleaned condenser and played around with different temperature settings.Wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this problem? Many thanks in advance!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If both thermistors test good the control board is causing the temperature issue and needs to be replaced. Here's the problem, Viking has made it next to impossible to get any service information or parts for their machines without going through them.

Big Ern

Premium Member
Thanks a million for your reply and time. Sounds like Viking are not the people I should have bought appliances from! Thanks again

rickgburton

Staff member
You will most likely need to go through Viking for the board so be prepared to pay top dollar. Most of their prices are twice that of other manufactures even though it's the same part.

Big Ern

Premium Member
You would think Viking would want to keep their appliances going at a reasonable cost for repairs. Thanks again for your input!

Big Ern

Premium Member
Hello again
On that Viking unit there are two control boards one low voltage and one high voltage. Any idea on which would be the culprit? Thanks!

rickgburton

Staff member
Low voltage board should be the bigger of the two. The high voltage is the power board.

Big Ern

Premium Member
Hello got some feedback on my Viking refrigerator. Replaced both control boards with new to me units which didn't solve problem. Then replaced both thermistors which also didn't help.The low voltage control board which was bought off Ebay looked like it was used as the packaging wasn't original. Should I try another low voltage control board directly from Viking or any other ideas? Thanks!

rickgburton

Staff member
There has been a lot of problems with appliance parts bought off eBay. I'm sure that board is the problem. What's the part number you got?