Vintage Coldspot Fridge - 1950's era I believe

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Looks great to me too. (y)

Jake

Webbie1

Premium Member
Thanks guys. That red cart in the background was fairly rusty and I wasn't sure the legs would polish out, either. I media blasted and powder coated that a couple weeks ago. I'm doing my whole kitchen 1950's, including the appliances.

Warner

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The model number appears to be 106.G9B1-C and S/N R371235. I would like to know how to decipher the model number to determine the actual age
106.G9B1-C should be a 1953 or 1954 model. With that age of product it is not possible to accurately date it using the serial.

Webbie1 said:
I got the 50's fridge painted to match my cabinets.....looks great to me.
The finished product looks very nice! I have a cabana shirt those colours. 👕

Last edited:

Jake W.

Premium Member
106.G9B1-C should be a 1953 or 1954 model. With that age of product it is not possible to accurately date it using the serial.

The finished product looks very nice! I have a cabana shirt those colours. 👕

Great looking Coldspot Refrigerator you have!! It's a 1953 model. It's also a higher end automatic defrost model! The knob above the Freezer Chest is actually the defrost timer. It should defrost every 24 hours. The click you hear is the timer switch being activated for the defrost cycle. The letters "Thermo" should light up in red to let you know when the fridge is in the defrost cycle. The knob is there so you can immediately start a defrost cycle by turning it until the click is heard and Thermo lights up for cleaning purposes. The wire rack on the bottom of the freezer is so your frozen food won't stick to the bottom of the freezer after the defrost cycle. It's a really nice fridge! We had the same one when I was a kid! My parents got it as a wedding present from my Grandparents in 1953! Hope that helps!