• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Vintage Frigidaire SDV-91S Plastic repair

Bruce-69

Premium Member
Model Number
SDV-91S
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello,
Forum NEWBIE...I have searched the forums and can't find what I'm looking for. I am attempting restore a 1955 GM/Frigidaire SDV-91S refrigerator. Mechanically it is in pretty good working condition. Cosmetically though there are a couple of areas on the door liner that have some cracking. The shelves are fine, but it's on an inside corner of the molding. Can this be fixed and if so, how? Also, any idea of the value? I am not planning on selling it, I'm putting it in my poolroom.

Attachments

• Frigidaire SDV-91S.jpg
    Frigidaire SDV-91S.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 55

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Old appliances have no intrinsic value. They're worth whatever you can get for them, usually the value of scrap metal. If it was fully restored, refrigeration system et all, those can go for $2,000-$4,000+

Bruce-69 said:
areas on the door liner that have some cracking... Can this be fixed and if so, how?

That will be up to your ingenuity. If you can determine the exact type of plastic it is made from, you might be able to get a plastic repair kit to fix cracks. If there are outright holes or they're areas of high stress, maybe fiberglass??

Dan O.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
couple of areas on the door liner that have some cracking.
Try a two part super glue.
any idea of the value?
Many people believe these vintage refrigerators are worth a lot of money. Fully restored to factory showroom condition it can be. As is, it's just a really old used refrigerator.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
LOL...Dan and I posted at the same time. At least we're on the same page.

Bruce-69

Premium Member
Try a two part super glue.

Many people believe these vintage refrigerators are worth a lot of money. Fully restored to factory showroom condition it can be. As is, it's just a really old used refrigerator.
Ok. Thanks a lot Rick!

Bruce-69

Premium Member
Old appliances have no intrinsic value. They worth whatever you can get for them, usually the value of scrap metal. If it was fully restored, refrigeration system et all, those can go for $2,000-$4,000+

That will be up to your ingenuity. If you can determine the exact type of plastic it is made from, you might be able to get a plastic repair kit to fix cracks. If there are outright holes or they areas of high stress, maybe fiberglass??

Dan O.
Understood! Thank you Dan!