FIXED Vintage GE Double Wall Oven year identification question

Boldrush

Premium Member
I don't know of any. I'll keep an eye out for one but here's the deal; There is no cross reference guide for those old thermostats. Here's the part numbers for four GE t-stats. They all work the same way as yours does but the difference , and what you need to watch for is the knob position, shaft length, and capillary length. These t-stats are the same style as yours:
WB21M254 - WB24X184 - WB21X5209 - WB21X5105

I just found a t-stat with one of the older model numbers you gave me (WB24X184). I should have it in about a week. I am a bit concerned about capillary length as this for the lower oven.

Could you explain what you mean about knob position as an area of concern with looking at similar models? How do they differ from model to model?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick has been out sick for the better half of January, Hopefully he will return soon!

If not, hopefully another tech like @Dan O. or @bigbuck or @paulhl or @Old Fridge Guy can help you further.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I sure hope so too, we miss him a lot, he's been with us since 2006.

Jake

Boldrush

Premium Member
We have a fixed oven!! 🤸🏾‍♀️🤸🏾‍♀️ I am not sure if @rickgburton is back yet. But if he is, I want to say thank you for helping me solve the mystery of why my parents lower oven would not heat.

The WB24X184 thermostat worked with some adjustments. Without the oven thermostat mounting kit being available, I had to replace the ring terminals with quick disconnects on the wiring so that they plugged into the new t-stat.

And now we have heated oven!

Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know.(y)

Rick will also be glad to hear that when he returns!

Jake