Vintage Westinghouse refrigerator/freezer

DaniUpstateNY

This is a WORKING Westinghouse refrigerator/freezer?
Seal is still intact, gets COLD (Guaranteed) really quick.
Model # S-4L-40
Style 99/342
Ser-WA 765701
Unit Model No. JX-6
I have no clue of the age, no clue what to start at for asking price and no clue where to even start selling it. maybe FB Market Place or Craigs List?
I remember this refrigerator since my childhood and I’m now 53. It’s very sentimental BUT I’m sure it’s not energy efficient anymore and I’m going to be moving
and unable to take this with me. Please advise and thank you in advance to anyone with ANY help you can give me.

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
DaniUpstateNY said:
This is a WORKING Westinghouse refrigerator/freezer?
Is that a question??

DaniUpstateNY said:
I have no clue of the age, no clue what to start at for asking price
Me neither but it really doesn't matter. Older appliances have no intrinsic value, they're worth whatever you can get for them. Otherwise if you can get someone to take them away for free (ie. without you having to pay them) you're ahead of the game. Refrigerators need to have their refrigerant removed before scrapping. That could cost $$$.

DaniUpstateNY said:
no clue where to even start selling it. maybe FB Market Place or Craigs List?
Transportation will be a major concern. It is pretty unlikely you would get any kind of buyer willing to go to the expense or trouble to transport it far so I suggest if you try to sell it, keep it local.

JMO

Dan O.

Jake W.

Premium Member
Model S-4L-40 is a 1940 model with a 4.25 cubic foot capacity, painted (Dulux) exterior, and should have 2 racks. It's 51 inches tall and 24 inches wide. Unfortunately in the condition it's in it's probably only worth about $50 to someone as a parts fridge. Sorry!!