• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WA40J3000AW/A Samsung Top Load Washer starts a drain cycle immediately when turned on

BGT Masters of Tiki D

Premium Member
Model Number
WA40J3000AW/A
Brand
Samsung
Samsung Top Load Washer starts a drain cycle immediately when turned on, then fills with water and gets all the way to the rinse cycle then just blinks on the rinse cycle but never drains the water out The lid locks, and obviously the pump works, and I don't think this unit has a diagnostics mode to run. Before I go junking the control board I'd figure I'd post here.

BGT Masters of Tiki D

Premium Member
I am revisiting this machine and still looking for some help.

I tried it again and it did the same thing as above. This time I hit start/pause and it drained all the water. However it wont advance to spin after that. If I start a load, and instead of hitting Start/Pause when it doesn't drain the water out, after 30 minutes or so it drains the water out itself, but just sits there.

I tried running a cycle in Spin only, and it worked fine. No issues.

I ran a cycle in Rinse/Spin and it fills with water, agitates/rinses/drains all the water out but doesn't advance to spin.

I checked the pump and hoses and there is nothing in them, and the pump tests and appears to work fine. The tub spins freely and as it should and nothing is stuck between the outer tub and basket.