• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WA422PRHDWR/AA-02 Samsung Washer - getting FL code - reset/clear codes?

keithntrish

Premium Member
Model Number
WA422PRHDW/AA
Brand
Samsung
Is there a way to clear the codes on this washing machine? Just replaced main board and control module, now getting FL code so just ordered door lock switch ($300 in so far) and I just want to clear the codes before replacing the part. I don’t know if it is just a glitch or if we actually needed the door lock. If I knew how to reset the eeprom, it would be helpful. I have the service manual for this machine and it doesn’t really address this. Thanks for any help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the service manual for this model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RVGCZQbNIdQULL8qt62x5dhW19uH29e_

I don't see a FL code in the service manual, can you take a photo of it?

Your correct, The service doesn't indicate any way to clear codes.

What was wrong with the machine to begin with for you to replace the main board and control module?

Jake

keithntrish

Premium Member
Jake, thank you for the response. The machine buttons on the panel were not responding at all. I had read that some people just replaced the module and others had to continue on to replace the main board. We tried the module first, no success. So then we replaced the main board... and buttons and dial started responding. We then put a blanket in the tub, set the controls for the wash cycle, and pressed start... nothing... no clicking, no humming, no nothing. So we went into service mode, ran a quick test mode, and the FL code came up. I was going by the service manual that came with my machine when I bought it brand new 6 years ago. I am attaching pictures of the front cover of the book, along with a couple of pages that I used for diagnosis. Please give your insight. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 01867C56-9E27-489D-9826-F94A2963ED88.jpeg
    01867C56-9E27-489D-9826-F94A2963ED88.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 965BD62F-B046-4373-A78C-B36140BE0149.jpeg
    965BD62F-B046-4373-A78C-B36140BE0149.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 21B76C9D-57DB-4C06-AD2D-388CCD0EBC19.jpeg
    21B76C9D-57DB-4C06-AD2D-388CCD0EBC19.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 0E26BF64-52DF-4409-812B-BDF418C16553.jpeg
    0E26BF64-52DF-4409-812B-BDF418C16553.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 83

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Keith,

I haven't worked on this model as of yet, I'm just going by the service manual too, seems something is very odd, the service manual I posted above does not show error FL, but yours does.

You didn't have this problem before the control board went out did you?

Did you order the correct control board? If so, was it new, used, or refurbished? Where did you get the control board from? Seems like it's pointing back to that control board you replaced where the trouble is now, because it worked fine before it went out.

Here's the control board for your model:
DC92-01021B Main Control Board

Jake

keithntrish

Premium Member
No I did not have this problem beforehand, or at least I was not aware of it. All buttons stopped responding so I replaced the obvious when that happened. I ordered the control board (the same one you have pictured here) from DIY repairs brand new. I ordered the door lock switch (which should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday) from appliance parts pro. They accept returns so if not the problem, I guess I will send it back for refund. But after all the parts I’ve replaced already, I truly hope that is the problem. It made sense to me that it would be the problem because, if the lid won’t lock, the machine won’t start. During the quick test, the machine attempted to lock the lid 7 times without success, and that is when it threw the code. Am I thinking the right direction???

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
But what I'm saying is you were NOT having any trouble with the lid switch before you replaced the control board, correct?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, so that indicates a problem with that control board you bought, I'd contact the company you got it from and tell them its defective and they should send you a new one.

Jake

keithntrish

Premium Member
Hey Jake, I just wanted to update you- after $300 in parts, the new door lock fixed the problem. I’m not sure if something happened to the door lock when the board went bad, but whatever the reason, I’m glad it’s fixed. Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that is a mystery why the door lock would be the culprit if it wasn't giving you FL error codes before you replace the control board.

As long as the new door lock fixed it, then that's great!

Here's the door lock switch assembly for your model in case others come across this same problem with their machines:
DC34-00025E Switch Door LOCK

Thanks for the update!

Jake