• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WA48J7700A Samsung Washer - Water temperature control issues

JeffM1970

Premium Member
Model Number
WA48J7700A
Brand
Samsung
Water temp issues. Washing machine is set to hot and warm water comes. Other times it’s set to cold and hot water comes . Many times it will be cold water wash and hot water comes. It’s been ever since it was new as far as we know. The company walked us through at least 1 reset about 1 year ago. We are only concerned about the temp when a particular type of washing temperature is required for a particular garment or cleaning need so it’s only frustrating when we absolutely need a specific water temp setting...it’s a top load machine.

JeffM1970

Premium Member
Thank you for the suggestion. I switched the hoses as you said. I will get back to you on the results in about a week when a few loads of laundry will have been washed. Thank you.

JeffM1970

Premium Member
We turned on the washing machine and after I switched the hoses around as was suggested it only produced cold water. So back to square one. What do you all think might solve the unpredictable water temperature issue?.

JeffM1970

Premium Member
Oops. Forgot to tell you that it was on the hot setting and produced only cold water during the 3 to 4 minute test.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, try to locate your tech sheet. It's in an envelope somewhere on the machine. Look in the console and inside panels. Run the service diagnostics and check for error codes. Post a copy of the tech sheet and wiring diagram here.

JeffM1970

Premium Member
I found the “tech sheet”....!! I removed every panel and managed to get 2 small cuts, one on each hand only to find the tech information sheet in the cupboard over the washing machine. Too funny 😂. The tech sheet is large and probably very difficult to digest from a picture on a blog. I will gladly send it if you would still want to see it after I tell you the rest of the story. There isn’t any information that was clear on how to run service diagnostics. I called Samsung today and the tech support person determined that the error codes are not stored as a car would.(There was no code displayed on the machine.) After the tech looked at the instructions regarding running diagnostics she determined that the instructions don’t apply clearly to this washing machine because the instructions required using numbers on the console and she could see from her diagram that the machine has no numbers on the console buttons. Finally, they have agreed to pay for parts and labor, even though the machine is out of warranty by a few years. I have been calling about the same complaint for 3 years. I am very pleased and surprised to be having the problem being taken care of by Samsung.

JeffM1970

Premium Member
The hot water hose had a blue piece of plastic, like a plastic bag, that was caught in the inlet screen. The problem was resolved on my own and hasn’t reoccurred through any washings for the past several weeks. Thank you for your responses. You got me to thinking about more possibilities and it lead me to the plastic obstruction. Thank you.