WA5451ANW Samsung shaft flange doesn't fit.

Wrleisge

Premium Member
Model Number
WA5451ANW
Brand
Samsung
Model Samsung WA5451ANW. The shaft flange(SF) is bolted to the bottom of the inner tub. The SF was heavily contaminated with detergent sludge to the point that three of the flanges snapped.

Researched an found a replacement part (DC60-00067A). Received the part and it does not fit. Returned and reordered the part and it still didn't fit. Removed the Clutch assembly in the hope it had a part number. It does not. Samsung Tech support and J&J (Samsung parts distributor), no help. Talked to authorized service center. No help. I'm getting desperate. Please HELP. Thank you.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Samsung is very particular per matching the correct part per your complete model number.

Your missing the final digits of your model number, we would need those to make sure you get the correct shaft flange.

Here's the results I get:

Model #WA5451ANW/XAA-01
Model #WA5451ANW/XAA-02
Model #WA5451ANW/XAA-03

Which one is yours?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

The OEM shaft flange per your model number is DC60-00067A

Where are you ordering this part from?

I guarantee it will fit if you order it from AppliancePartsPros here: DC60-00067A

Jake

Wrleisge

Premium Member
I order the part you recommended from Sears Parts Direct. I originally went to AppliancePartsPros but they did not list the part however, it is included in their Tub Assembly diagram. The part I received from Sears has the correct part number on the underside of the part, but that doesn't make it fit any better. When I say fit I mean that the Shaft Flange splined hole is smaller than the threaded part of the shaft.

In my frustration I spoke to the AppliancePartsPros and while they don't list the part they do carry it as DC60-00067B. I am considering ordering their part but I really don't think the Rev B part will fit any better than the Rev A part. It is worth noting that J&J International, Samsun's "official" parts distributor, does not list the 67B version.

With all this in mind I am also considering ordering the Clutch Assembly which hold the shaft in addition to the 67B part. Your thoughts.

Wrleisge

Premium Member
Jake -- Quick question, there is a recall on this machine because they could "blow up". Do you know what parts were replaced? Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

dapoop84

Hello Wrleisge, I was wondering if you found a solution to this problem. I am having the same problem. I purchased the DC60-00067A, but it doesn't fit over the threads on my WA5451ANW (001) washer.