washer won't drain

RKEENESR

Premium Member
imported post

Iwashed a throwrug the other and ever since the washer does not drain all the water out. it is as if the line is plugged somewhere. is there a filter or something that i am suppose to be checking and cleaning out (like the dryer)? I'm in need of some quick help so if someone could help me asap i would be very happy. (won't have do the family clothes by hand).

RKEENESR

Premium Member
imported post

there is no plate or sticker at the locations they gave me. i have looked all over the washer and i find no dates or numbers. so now what do i do?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

It is difficult to tell you how to proceed without knowing what washer you have and how it was designed. There are just too many differences.

There are pictures of 2 popular wash model at the following link, maybe see if yours looks (exactly) like either.

LINK > http://www.applianceaid.com/newpics/which_washer.JPG

Here's a couple from a different manufacturer:

LINK > http://tinyurl.com/47qbr

Dan O.

RKEENESR

Premium Member
imported post

THE BELT DRIVEN ONE. THEONE THE RIGHT IS MINE. I MEAN IT LOOKS EXACTLY

LIKE THE ONE I HAVE.:D

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

RKEENESR wrote:
THE BELT DRIVEN ONE.
There's no need to YELL (which is what typing in all capital letters represents).

washer does not drain all the water out... is there a filter or something that i am suppose to be checking and cleaning out
A belt drive Whirlpool built washer may have an internal water filter which could be plugged. They are not however usually that easy to access and may require at least some disassembly of the machine. A blockage could also be in any of the internal water hoses or the pump or the pump could have been damaged.

Have you checked to make sure the external drain hose didn't get kinked somehow?

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~

RKEENESR

Premium Member
imported post

sorry i didn't mean to yell must of had caps locked on. i don't believe there was a kink in the hosebut who knows. i do know the outside drain hose is clear of any clog that was the fisrt thing i checked. so now what do icheck and how do i check it?