Washer

NHTracy

Premium Member
imported post

I've got a 110 model that is getting plenty of cold water pressure to the inlet, but just a dribble into the tank. Its obviously got a blockage, but there's no obvious way to get at the intake to clean it, short of removing an awful of screws and the whole back panel. And then what?
Any easy fixes to suggest? Thanks!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

110.???????? is part of a full model#.

Nothing inside the washer to clean, but do remove the fill hoses and check for any screen washers in the hose ends that might be plugged up....also check the screen at the fill valve entrance for possibly being plugged up. If this all are ok you will probably need to replace that fill valve.

Turn off the water first of course! ;)

jeff.

NHTracy

Premium Member
imported post

mm, sorry. 110-29842990, serial CJ 0201958.
The last one we had look like the image you posted- an external screen. This has a light blue plastic fitting with a small hole. Its only a couple of years old but we do have an old house (sediment filter/ drilled well, but old pipes that predate both).
Anyway, is it a job for a semi-competent dyi-er? And if so, is there a worksheet for steps that I could go to?
Thanks much.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

What your fill valve will look like ( with the hot and cold hoses removed )...

**is it a job for a semi-competent dyi-er?**

Replacing the fill valve or cleaning/checking the screens??....both are a DIY job :)

**And if so, is there a worksheet for steps that I could go to?**

Not really.

--Turn off the water first, but do remove the fill hoses and check for any screen washers in the hose ends that might be plugged up....also check the screen at the fill valve entrance for possibly being plugged up.--

Second pic is a -d/w- fill valve, but gives you the idea of checking the entrance screen.

For changing the fill valve ( if needed ), this link here should help.

jeff.