• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Washing Machine Does Not Complete Cycle Stops At Rinse

Mick58

Premium Member
Model Number
LAT3500AAE
Brand
Maytag
Hi, I'm new here and looking for some assistance in trying to figure out what is wrong with my washing machine. I hope someone can help me with this problem.

I have had this washer since new and it has never given any problems until tonight. I put my laundry in as usual in the Regular Cycle. It starts up normally and washes until it gets to the rinse/spin cycle. It just stops. The timer counts down until it gets to the off position but the machine does not rinse or spin. At the end of the cycle the wash tub is still full of water.

It does the same thing in the Wrinkle Free Fabrics cycle as well. The only one left that still works is the Hand Washables cycle.

So when it stops in the Regular cycle I have to manually turn the dial to rinse/spin on the Hand Washables cycle to get it to finish every load.

The door switch seems fine as when I lift the lid the machine will stop, and when I close the lid the machine continues to wash. The belts are tight and clean. The pump is working, the trans is working. The problem with no rinse or spin appears to only happen in Regular and Wrinkle Free cycles.

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]After playing around and using different settings I have found that if I use the Hand Washables setting the machine will do a complete wash from start to finish without any problems whatsoever. It will rinse, spin and drain as normal but if I use either Regular or Wrinkle free settings it will stop at the rinse after if fills the wash tub, the timer runs down to off without rinsing, spinning or draining...........tub is full of water at the end.

Any ideas?
[/FONT]

Mick58

Premium Member
I like that video. I'm going to try to rebuild the old timer. It would be nice to have a spare on the shelf. Those timers are expensive.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Yes they are! However, it may be another ten years plus before the replacement one goes south.

Mick58

Premium Member
The timer arrived today and I just installed it. The washer works fine again.

Once again, Rick thank you very much. You are awesome!!