• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Water dispenser won't shut off

james12

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHS2655PF2
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a 3 year old frigidaire side-by-side fridge. About a week ago my wife was using the water dispenser and when she pulled her cup away the water continued to run non-stop until I shut off the water to the fridge. Over the last several days I have been research and reading other forums to try to determine what the issue is. Here is a list of what I have tried so far:
  • unplugged front control panel/touchpad, checked all buttons to ensure none were sticking
  • checked/disconnected micro-switches, checked them and they are not sticking
  • replaced water inlet valve
  • disconnected entire ice/maker mechanism

Nothing has worked so far, as soon as I turn the water on to the fridge it is a continuous stream of water. The only thing I have been able to do is unplug the pump on the water valve for the water dispenser. When I do this everything else still works (ice maker, crushed ice). Any ideas as to what my issue could be?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Thats very strange, unplug your refrigerator and see if the water still comes out by itself, if so then that indicates your water inlet valve is the problem. If you already replaced it, then that one is bad too. Where did you buy it at?

It can be NOTHING ELSE causing this issue other than the water inlet valve.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order:
Frigidaire 242252702 Water Valve - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake

james12

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Thanks for the response. When I unplug the fridge with everything connected no water comes out. It is only when the fridge is on. I can hear the valve working when I turn it on non-stop. It is like it is getting a constant signal to run. It came in a packaged that said it was Frigidaire/Electrolux OEM. It installed easily and fit perfectly but did not solve my issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it!

Yuppers, I also located that same exact thread: FIXED Side by side decided to just start dispensing water by itself And it was the main control board that was the cause.

Yours takes a different main control board part number.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
Frigidaire 242115254 Board-Main Power - AppliancePartsPros.com

You know where its located?

When you order parts from AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic, you have 365 days to return the part/parts for a full refund, less shipping, for any reason, even if you install the part/parts and it doesn't fix the problem.

Jake

james12

Premium Member
Interesting post, thanks for the info. So I need to replace the main power board. Is it located on the bottom of the fridge behind the plastic guard at the bottom/front? I see two boxes, and the one that looks like the main power board with one screw in the front of it. Is that the only screw that holds it in to slide it out?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's it. Yes, I believe there is only 1 screw. Get a flashlight or droplight and then you'll see it better.:)

Make sure you unplug your refrigerator first before accessing/replacing it!

Jake

james12

Premium Member
Just wanted to follow-up on this, I ordered the Main Power board and installed it. Pretty easy install, only took me about 10 minutes. After hooking up the board and turning the fridge on everything now works perfectly!. Thanks for the help and guidance in getting my issue resolved.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent James, good job, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake