Water leaking from top of GE Monogram ZISB480D fridge

hokieyk

Model Number
ZISB480D
Brand
GE
I am a homeowner with a built in GE Monogram side by side fridge (ZISB480D) which leaks water from the top intermittently. The water runs down around the seal on fridge door and pools on the hardwood floor on the front right.

My troubleshooting so far suggests that it is coming from the vaporizer (also called condensate drain pan?) from the top of the unit. Unlike most fridges, all the components sit in a compartment on top of the unit. So there appears to be a pump which pumps the condensate to a pan under the compressor so it evaporates. It seems to be leaking maybe but definitely not overflowing. But I’m not even sure about that.

The part #711 is the plastic “vaporizer pan” which is potentially the source. But the only replacement I can find is stainless steel for $275. I’m wondering if I can take the compressor off and remove the plastic pan to confirm if it is leaking water or not.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions in this area?

Stamford

Hi!

Did you actually solve this problem? We have had this same issue going on for years now, it's driving me nuts.

Thanks.

miketyler

Premium Member
I just posted about this same issue on my built in GE. Was going to try to fabricate a new collection tray from stainless but probably will just by the new SS assy. There's a dealer on eBay that has them for under $200