• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Water supply to GE refrigerator DSHS6VGBBCSS

Milo9291

Premium Member
Model Number
DSHS6VGBBCSS
Brand
GE
Hi,
yesterday all of a sudden the water dispenser on our GE refrigerator stopped working (light comes on but not water flows). I changed the filter, checked whether the line was frozen (it was not), and then worked my way to the back of the unit. I closed off the valve at the wall, disconnected the supply line, and then opened the valve again - no water.
We do not seem to have any other water supply issues in the house. The house has a PEX water manifold system, and the ice maker water supply is open at the control panel.
Any ideas?
Thank you,
Milo.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Is the refrigerator water supply connected to a main water supply with a saddle valve or piercing valve? That might be the problem. The rubber gasket between the saddle valve and the copper pipe starts to deteriorate and can block the hole in the water pipe Try turning it all the way off and then back on again and see if that fixes it.

Milo9291

Premium Member
Thank you for looking at this - please see a pic of what my wall outlet looks like attached. Should I replace that valve connection coming out of the wall?

PXL_20211020_121359367 - Copy.jpgPXL_20211020_121413503 - Copy.jpgPXL_20211020_121548930 - Copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

paulhl

Premium Member
I've seen many of those systems and they usually run from the manifold directly to the fixture be it a sink or ice maker supply. That is not what's in the wall. Who ever installed that system needs to be called.