• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WCR5104DZD Avanti Dual Zone Wine Cooler

SemiHandy

Premium Member
Model Number
WCR5104DZD
Brand
The unit has dual digital display and I noticed that they were both at 80 degrees; I'd had improper cooling issues resolved by turning the unit off for a day (probably to defrost). But now the symptoms are:

- I turn it off for a while, turn it back on and it get to temperature, but then slowly rises back to room temperature (or above). It seems to run 1 compressor cycle but then doesn't kick on again.

It's too old to spend a lot of money on a pro repair, so any help I could get would be appreciated.

avanti_serial.jpg

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I turn it off for a while

For how long?

turn it back on and it get to temperature, but then slowly rises back to room temperature (or above).

Running and slowing warming up?...not running and slowly warming up?

It seems to run 1 compressor cycle but then doesn't kick on again.

What happens after it doesn't kick on again?

jeff.

SemiHandy

Premium Member
Since my OP, I've discovered that the cooling down was a one-time event. It had been off for a few hours. But it's never come back on again. So it looks like the cool down was a one time event.

So now I have no cooling at all. The lights come on (the LEDs flicker when I first turn it on, not sure if that's new or now); the fans in the unit run but the fan underneath by the compressor doesn't come on and the compressor doesn't fire at all.

jeff1

Staff member
the fans in the unit run but the fan underneath by the compressor doesn't come on and the compressor doesn't fire at all.

That's where we go....no power to the compressor and the control is suspect....power to the compressor but it is not running and the compressor itself is suspect.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
Post a copy of the wire diagram. ( the one you have above is so small I cannot read the writing on the diagram ).
From your pic it appears red on the overload and black on the start relay.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
Yes, the red and black....and the extra wires are just the condenser fan motor ( which runs at the same time as the compressor does ) is piggy backed onto the same wires.
Orange are feeding the compressor, blue is feeding the condenser fan motor.

jeff.

Attachments

• avanti_wire.jpg
    avanti_wire.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 96

SemiHandy

Premium Member
Ok, so after a week of having other things to deal with, I fired up the fridge and as I was figuring out my multimeter the compressor came on, so I decided to leave it for a while. A couple of hours later I checked and it was down to temperature. Overnight and it's still working 18 hours later.

What might be causing such flakiness?