• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WCVH6800J1WW Washer stops mid cycle

laggs

Premium Member
Model Number
WCVH6800J1WW
Brand
GE
Hello,
I have a WCVH6800J1WW GE washer that runs through about mid cycle then stops, unlocks and the start/pause button blinks. If you press the start/pause button it will do a half spin one way then half spin the other way and then fill again with water, drain and stop mid cycle again and start/pause button blinks again. If you select the spin and rinse cycle it drains and spins at a high speed (if selected) fine. Does this sound like the inverter board or the control board?
Also, I can't get to Service Test Mode because the display is never blank and thus the signal/delay/signal/delay button press does not work. Any help on this is deeply appreciated.
Thanks,
laggs

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It sounds more like a bad control board, since you can't even get in the test mode.

This model seems very new, are you sure its over a year old? If under a year old, then your warranty will be active and GE will fix it for free.

Here's the control board for your model you can order here:
GE WH12X10468 Control Board Asm - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake

laggs

Premium Member
Yes, it was purchased in July of last year so it is 13 months old and no longer under warranty.
I was thinking that maybe because it is a newer model, the service test mode might be different to access. Where would I find this information? I am sure that if I can get to an error code, I can better pinpoint the problem. When I turn the machine on, it always defaults to the start of whatever cycle I was in when I turned it off, in other words the display shows the minutes it would take to fully complete the cycle, it never shows a blank screen (this was the case since new and working properly). Even after disconecting it for 12 hours. It defaulted to the first cycle full time completion. And yes, the drain was checked and cleaned to no avail.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The pressure switch hose? Was it off? Had a hole in it?

Jake

laggs

Premium Member
It had a hole in it. The washer had been used in the sanatize mode and the hose must have been too close to the drum/heating element area which burnt a hole. Also, the service mode does work on these newer washers, I was just doing it wrong. 1. Dissconect washer, 2. connect and 3. within 30 seconds of connecting press signal/cycle delay/signal/cycle delay. Just FYI, the T01 code for this machine is 4.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, thanks for the added information to help others.:)

Jake

bdolbow

hole in pressure hose

Thanks so much for this information. I just had the exact same issue.

The washer would fill, then drain, then pause. The door would unlock.

It would spin and drain fine on the spin and drain cycle, but all others would keep pausing. If you kept hitting pause it would start back up but simply fill and drain. It would make it to 1 minute left and would never complete.

I did the the service test. make sure power is off. Unplug and plug back in. Hit signal. Hit delay. Hit signal. Hit delay.

Last error code was E22. When doing the fill test, it just filled and always said E.

only other note to help others. I ran a heavy load of towels which must of vibrated a hole right into this hose. I saw a little bit of water and some foam pieces on the bottom of the washer, and it all went back to this hole. There are 3 litlte pieces of a foam (like a pool tube) that is suppose to be glued at specific spots to keep the drum and frame from rubbing the tube. The middle foam piece had slid down which is what a allowed the tube to get pinched and eventually a hole.

Between the technician manual (found under top cover in a little bag, and the manual listed above, you have all you need to fix this issue yourself. goodluck

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job on finding that on yours too bdolbow, thanks for the added information as well.:)

Jake

PostmanPat

Premium Member
Thanks to everyone's help on here, I've been able to resolve the same issue with our machine, its a WCVH6400J1WW, but the instructions still apply.

FYI, I found the technicians manual inside the bottom access panel (bdolbow found theirs under the top panel)

I had exactly the same issue as bdolbow with the foam ring being dislodged allowing the tube to be pinched, likely when running a heavy towel load. I was able to put a temporary fix on the tube with a bike puncture repair kit which will keep the machine running until the replacement tube arrives.

I think I'll try routing the cable a little better on replacement, it seems there is a tight spot about half way down the drum and when I took the panels off the tube was hanging down right in that tight spot.

jenniferg

Premium Member
I'm having the same problem, ours keeps stopping and the door comes un locked, I posted here - FIXED Front loader stops, light blinks, comes unlocked

We replaced the control panel, but it's still doing the same thing. My husband just looked and located the pressure hose, a small 3/8 black hose that runs from the top of the machine and connects under the drum with three or four foam donuts on it? If that's the hose ours seems fine. Does it carry water or air he wants to know. If it's water. I don't think theres a hole as nothing seems wet, if it carries air, then we'll take it out and chck it closer, but he said it doesn't seem to be close to anythinhg that would cut it.

If it's not the hose, could our problem be the switch the hose goes to?

PostmanPat

Premium Member
The hose carries air, I checked mine by removing it, holding my finger over one end and blowing into the other while it was submerged in water... any bubbles and you've got a leak. It wasn't obvious from looking at it that there was a hole so I used the above technique to find it on mine.
If that isn't the problem then its outside of my current experience with this, but your thought about it being a pressure switch problem sounds like a good suggestion.
If you check back earlier in this thread there's a post from Jake containing a link to a maintenance manual which shows how to get into the Error Checking Mode, it may help you pin down the problem if the hose isn't the culprit.
Good luck

kimob

Hi,

I too had this exact issue. (my washer would start, and stop at 45 min into the wash), and would keep stopping after hitting the start. I did the T06 test, and it started at E, but never cycled through the F or other levels. I also had the E22 error. I inspected the hose, and it had a big crack in it, so I taped it up and ordered a replacement. After taping it up, it is working as it should. Thanks for the thread!

Kimo