FIXED WCVH6800J3MS GE Washer Pauses in between cycle and will not spin

Juliado

Premium Member
Model Number
WCVH6800J3MS
Brand
GE
I cleaned out the drain plug filter on the front of the unit which did not fix my problem. I purchased a used door lock that came off a working unit and replaced the door lock and it did not fix the problem. I pulled the tight belt and motor off the back of the washer. I ran a cut extension cord to the motor and turned it on and watched it spin so I know the motor works I even changed polarity and the motor spun both clockwise and counter clockwise. Took a digital multi meter to the sensor on the motor (2 red wires on the motor harness) and noticed an open circuit 1 or infinite reading. After learning about the Service Technician Manual and Service Mode; I reconnected the unit, turned it on in service mode and obtained a bunch of error codes. E46 (Not certain what this code is), E31 (Drain Problems) , E60 Door Lock assembly,E23 (Fill Problems).

Once I obtained the codes, I cleared the codes and ran thru the test list
T05 Pump test seemed to work fine.
T06 pressure switch test filled all 3 levels and pumped water out.
T07 Thermistor/Heater Test, I did run an ohm test on the terminals and obtained around 31 at the 20k setting. Over the course of the 5 minutes it filled and the temperature rose from 85 F to like 91 degrees and seemed fine.
T10 Tumble Test the unit tumbled counter clockwise but did not tumble clockwise.
T11 Spin Test The unit did not spin and automatically went to 0 RPM

After all the codes were cleared and I tried to run a wash cycle... I ran the Error Code Test and all errors were cleared except for E46 (Not sure what this code is because not listed in the service codes)

Please Help
My Best,
Domenick

Juliado

Premium Member
Now using an old Centech digital Multimeter to test for continuity
It states that I should get approximately 6 ohms at each connection. If not, the motor is bad and needs to be replaced. Next, test from each wire to ground and this should be open

My readings with the multi meter set to ohms at 20k (not certain that this is where I should be testing)
blue wire to the white =.06
blue wire to the red wire =.06
white to red wire .06

the 2 small red wires on the wire harness that go to what i believe is some sort of a sensor have a reading of 1. open... but I believe i read that I need to check that from the control panel P9 harness...

Juliado

Premium Member
Next, test from each wire to ground

Note:
I did not have an ohm reading from each wire to ground

Juliado

Premium Member
Attached is the doc that came with the machine.

I accessed the control panel, located and pulled off the P9 connector and performed an ohm test with my centech digital multi meter setting on 20k and touched the 2 yellow wires on plug harness. Reading = 1

Attachments

Juliado

Premium Member
While I ran the service mode T11 to spin and tell the motor to run... the RPM once again was 0 but while running the test; I removed the cover to the inverter and accessed the inverter plug. Touched the red and blue wire to perform a Voltage test on the digital multimeter ACV 750 setting and received 126 Voltage reading.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Juliado

Premium Member
Cool, Ok I will take a look when I get back in this evening. Thanks for taking the time Jake!

Juliado

Premium Member
After reading the previous thread you refer me to, I noticed that his P9 connector test reveled 118 ohms and mine does not show anything but a 1 meaning my sensor on the motor is bad... correct?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Domenick, glad to hear the new motor fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Juliado

Premium Member
you bet, now I'm trying to figure out why my fridge isn't cooling... I posted a thread in the whirlpool fridge but cant find it.. lol I'll spend a little more time trying to locate a similar post that experiencing similar to mine... thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can find all your posts by clicking on your name, then click Postings.:)

Here's your refrigerator thread:

Jake