WDF110PABW2 Whirlpool Dishwasher Odd residue on clean dishes

Silent369

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF110PABW2
Brand
Whirlpool
So for the past couple of months we have had this issue where some of our clean dishes come out with the greasy residue on them. Does anyone have an idea what is causing them to not come out completely clean? I have attached an example.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You're the third or fourth person to have this problem or a similar problem. All within the last couple months. I haven't heard of this until now and so far no one knows what it is. I've asked them to check the drain hose, the check valve, the disposer, the water lines, pump and motor seals and even change dish soap and the problem persists. I think one member gave up and bought a new machine and we never heard back from the others. I'll see if I can find the threads and send them an email to see if the problem was ever solved. This kind of problem is hard to diagnose online. You almost need to be there to see what's going on. Have you recently changed the temperature on the hot water heater or installed a water softener system?

Silent369

Premium Member
It only seem to show up on pots, pans and cooking utensils. Its almost like the grease isnt being washed off and the soap is sticking to it. We havent touched the water heater and dont have a water softener system. We have tried multiple soaps and citric acid.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, Machine empty and no soap, start the machine on a normal wash cycle. Listen for the fill cycle to end and the wash cycle to start. Let the wash cycle run for about 1 minute and 30 seconds then open the door and check the water in the tub. Is there and soap suds on the water? If so cut back on the amount of soap.

rickgburton

Staff member
So what happens if it's the excess soap that is causing the problem? A common denominator is the water soluble package the pods are in.

Silent369

Premium Member
I tried what you suggested and there were no suds. I may have figured out the issue, I'm trying something right now to test my theory.

rickgburton

Staff member
Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.
■ Drain and wash motors will pulsate on and off.
■ Last ran cycles and options returned to default.
■ Last ran delay returns to the lowest delay increment.
■ Operating state returns to Standby upon completing or terminating the Service Diagnostics Cycle.

Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”

The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

The Service Diagnostics Cycle has 18 intervals and will take approximately 21 minutes.

The diagnostic cycle starts on interval 18 and ends on interval 1

Interval 18 turns on all the LED's immediately upon receiving the entry sequence (even if door is open) for 5 seconds as a display test then turn off all LED for 1 second prior to reporting error history.

Intervals 17-16-15 & 14 are for error codes.

The CLEAN LED will flash the ERROR CODE in two parts. The CLEAN LED will first flash the function code. Then pause for two seconds, and then flash the problem code. It will repeat this three times unless advanced using the start key. If there are no errors the LED will stay solid for five seconds

Interval 13 is a 10 second pause. The high temp LED will be on. Press the Cycle Select key to clear the errors and automatically go to the next interval

Interval 12 - 3 is the service test.

Intervals 2 - 1 are for error codes found during the diagnostic cycle

Let the machine finish the diagnostic cycle. Post back any error codes then start the machine and see if the problem is fixed.