WDF110PABW3 Whirlpool dishwasher starts and stops many times during the wash cycles

moonstruck

Model Number
WDF110PABW3
Brand
Whirlpool
starts and stops many times during the wash cycles. Is this normal, it 'drives me nuts'. (Olde English version). Is this normal.

added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, Without a model number, we're dead in the water. Read it from the tag on the machine. Click here: Appliance Parts follow the link “How to find a model number”

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You again? OK, first off it's not important (or polite) to make a point of someone being wrong. Now, if you have some documentation that makes your point, post it. If you're just flapping your gums or in this case your keyboard keys, and not being helpful, just keep it to yourself. If your purpose on this site is too point out what's wrong, we don't need you. Please find someone else to bother.

One more thing, that's a warning.

moonstruck

You have me all wrong. I apologize if it looks as you say. Once you replied I went and timed it and you took offence. I am just asking if this is normal for the machine to do this. I'm done, please don't reply.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick: On these newer Whirlpool, and Maytag models they do cycle 30 seconds on and 3 seconds off when you first start the dishwasher, but it should only do that about 4 or 5 times in a row at start up only, then after that the wash motor will run a long time.

The reason it does that is the soil sensor is sensing the soil on the dishes and silverware.

I own the Maytag version of this Whirlpool and mine does it too, it's normal.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Rick, that's what it will do after the 4 or 5 pauses at the start of the wash cycle, then the wash motor should run 20 minutes on, then 10 minutes off.

Here's the owners manual, on page 6 --->It is normal for certain cycles to repeatedly pause for several seconds during the main wash.

Attachments