• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WDF510PAYSA Whirlpool dishwasher spray arms not spinning

alextricity25

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF510PAYSA
Brand
Whirlpool
I've been doing some research online about how to repair a dishwasher.
After figuring out that my dishwasher doesn't have a chopper assembly in this thread, I figured I'd repost with my latest findings.

[Make/Model]
Whirlpool WDF510PAYSA Dishwasher

[Symptoms]
Dishwasher sounds like it may be trying to dispense water, but it's a lot quieter then usual.
Perhaps the spray arms aren't spinning due to a lack of water pressure or bad motor or pump.
After a while the cycle will complete, but the dishes come out dirty and the dishwasher detergent isn't properly dispersed.
I don't hear any motor running throughout the entire cycle, but I do hear something running during the draining phase.

[Troubleshooting] I've cleaned the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher. Everything is clean there. I've also removed the lower and uppser spray arm and ran a hose through them.
Water is indeed flowing nicely through them.
I've placed a couple of bowls in the lower rack facing up to see if water will collect in them, but after a full cycle I didn't see any water in the bowls.

[Pictures] http://imgur.com/a/LR3BG

Any help would be appreciated!

alextricity25

Premium Member
UPDATE!

I have gone through the trouble of un-installing the dishwasher and turning it on it's side, and I've also removed the pump.
I haven't encountered any thing suspicious that might be causing clogging.

I was playing around with the pump and my multimeter, and I noticed something that might be of interest. Now, keep in mind that I'm not an electronics expert nor do I know a lot about continuity tests other that "beep is good".
I attempted a continuity tests by touching the two end pins of the pump with the multimeter, and I didn't hear a any beeping. The multimeter didn't respond at all. Below is a picture of the circulation pump with the enclosure removed.

The two pins I touched are the ones sticking out on the right.

Does that mean my pump is dead?

Attachments

• 1 - 9joSfSX.jpg
    1 - 9joSfSX.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 731

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Alex, sounds good.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Alex, good job, glad to hear your back in business.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.