WDF520PADM6 Whirlpool Dishwasher leaks only during heavy cycle

td19128

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF520PADM6
Brand
Whirlpool
So I am getting a leak from the bottom of the door, most likely the middle, it only happens during the heavy cycle. I have already replaced a few parts (upper arm assembly, water inlet valve and float switch) but the problem persists! Not sure what to do next.Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Usually its the lower spray arm that cracks, then starts leaking water out the door. Have you checked your lower spray arm for cracks in it?

Here's the lower spray arm for your model:
WPW10491331 Arm-Spray

Jake

td19128

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, I did inspect the lower arm while I was doing the other work, no signs of any cracks or damage. I suppose I will replace it if I have no other idea how to proceed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its very rare to ever see this model leak, when it leaks open the door and see if its oversudsing.

Jake

td19128

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, oversudsing is not an issue. We ran a couple of test cycles without any detergent and the leak was present.
What is different about heavy cycle? Is the water level higher? Is it just a longer cycle? The unit is approximately 2 years old but used less than 10 times. It is in a rental unit.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What is different about heavy cycle?
Just a longer cycle.

Ok, what maybe happening is possibly a leak at your door vent or your detergent dispenser:
#6 is your door air vent gasket, #8 is the detergent dispenser that comes with its own gasket.

Watch this video and it will show you how to remove the outer door panel so you can see if its leaking from either of those two parts, thus running down to the bottom of your door and on the floor.

Jake

td19128

Premium Member
Jake, I did check that after the last time it leaked. I opened up the door panel. The only wet spots were along the bottom 2 inches of the door, insulation at the bottom was wet. The rest was bone dry. The area around the dispenser and vent were dry as well. The mystery continues! Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
OK, have you checked the door gasket for rips or bad spots in it?

Here's the door gasket for your model:
Door Gasket WPW10524469

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, well I don't know where else the leak could come from, sorry I can't help you on this one.

Jake