WDF530PAYT7 Whirlpool dishwasher not starting wash cycle

rfhjr

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF530PAYT7
Brand
Whirlpool
Whirlpool Dishwasher model number WDF530PAYT7. This dishwasher will not enter wash cycle when any wash option is selected it starts and water enters but it does not start washing. I do notice the soap dispenser does not open sometimes or opens late. Reset by turning the power off and ran diagnostic mode and the clean button blinked 10 times but do not know what that means. I replaced the dispenser two years ago just wondering if this is the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check for error codes. You'll need a pencil and paper to write them down.

Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

Last run cycles and options returned to default (Normal cycle with Heated Dry option).

Last run delay returns to the lowest delay increment.

Calibration cycle may force an extra rinse to occur prior to Final Rinse (to assure clear water), then calibrates the OWI and the fill amount during the final rinse.

Operating state returns to Standby upon completing or terminating the Service Diagnostics Cycle.

Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses.
NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”

Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes and has 25 intervals. The diagnostic cycle starts with interval 25 and ends on interval 1.

Interval 25 turns on all the LED’s as a display test.

Intervals 24 – 23 – 22 and 21 are for error codes. The Clean (or Completed) LED will flash the error codes in two parts. The Clean LED will first flash the function code, pause for 2 seconds then flash the problem code, pause for 5 seconds then repeat three times (unless advanced by the Start key to the next interval). If there are no error codes the Clean LED will stay on solid for 5 seconds.

Interval 20 is a 10 second pause. The Hi-Temp LED will be on. Press the Hi-Temp key to clear the error codes. The Hi-Temp LED will blink twice to indicate the errors have been cleared.

Intervals 19 – 3 is the service diagnostic cycle.

Intervals 2 and 1 are for error codes found during the diagnostic cycle

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rfhjr

Premium Member
The error code I had was 10 1 soap dispenser WPW10605015 according to the error code list so I put a new one in and still have the same error. Have changed out the control board W10597045 still getting error 10 1. Checked for loose wires reset the circuit breaker no luck. Any other things which maybe causing this.

rickgburton

Staff member
Check for pinched or broken wires between the control board and the dispenser.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
error code I had was 10 1 soap dispenser according to the error code list so I put a new one in
Have changed out the control board still getting error 10 1
Anytime you replace a part on these new dishwashers you always have to run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

■ Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that now, and report back.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd, I don't know what else to suggest, do you Rick?

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
Here's the choices for the 10-1 error code:

Loose connection in dispenser circuit and/or open dispenser solenoid.

Open fuse on control to dispenser

Faulty dispenser drive circuit on the control.

rfhjr

Premium Member
I just let the dishwasher sit for a few weeks and decided to try it and it ran a complete wash cycle once. Now I am getting error code F6 which deals with detection or lack of incoming water. I can hear water running into the dishwasher so I am thinking it is a water detection issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is very odd.

If you hear water running into the dishwasher why would it throw the error code F6 then?

Another member with your same model was getting Error codes 10-1 and 8-2, I suggested the control board was malfunctioning and advised him to order a new control board, and that fixed it.

Here's that thread: FIXED: WDF530PAYT7 Error codes 10-1 and 8-2

Here's the control board for your model you can order:
W10597045 Electronic Control Board

Wait, you already replaced the control board correct? If so where did you buy it at?

Jake

rfhjr

Premium Member
I am getting error code combination of 6 6 and 10 1 assuming it is blinking six times I do not know how to distinguish between F6 and 6 6. Error code 6 6 deals with water temperature not being hot enough but since I run the hot water in the kitchen sink before running the dishwasher this one is kind of suspect also. I purchased the control board through Sears which is where the dishwasher was bought.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When I worked at Sears, I used to get lots of defective parts. Did the box the control board came in from Sears looked double tapped or old looking?

If definity sounds like you received a defective control board from Sears.

You're getting way too many out-of-the-norm error codes.

Jake

rfhjr

Premium Member
I returned the control board I received from Sears. Since this will be the third control board I have replaced on this four year old dishwasher are there any causes for this. The only thing I can think of which could cause this is maybe electrical surge due to lighting as the dishwasher was only used once a week I don't think it was from overuse. The water line is stainless steel.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The only thing I can think of which could cause this is maybe electrical surge due to lighting
Yes, I would agree with you 100% on that!

I've had many service calls in my area here this year that were caused by lighting.

Do you have a whole home surge protector? My neighbors control board blew out, and my other neighbors compressor grounded out. Nothing happened to mine because I have this: Stabl-Power Series 1

It mounts next to your main breaker box outside where the meter is located.

The cost was $190 installed by my electrician that came out to my house from Phoenix, AZ.

Works perfect to divert the lightning strike surge into earth ground.:)

Jake