• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WDF530PLYB3 Whirlpool Dishwasher is not cleaning and soap is not dissolving

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF530PLYB3
Brand
Whirlpool
I don't work on a ton of DWs so please forgive me if this is a simple thing. My sister has a Whirlpool that is no longer cleaning the dishes well and the soap is not dissolved.

I really don't know where to start. I'm thinking maybe a clogged inlet valve. I looked for a diverter and this model does not seem to have one.

I am also confused as to what this part does - WPW10195536 (Water Inlet). Maybe someone can shed some light on that as well.

Thanks guys!

Added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi @mountainbiker33

WPW10195536 is the part number, we need the model number of the dishwasher first. The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
OH SHOOT!!! My mistake.

WDF530PLYB3

She said she cleans the filter regularly. She also stated that there is a little bit of water left at the end of the cycle with some soap bubbles on the bottom. Neither rack is cleaner than the other.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

After it fills does she hear the wash(circulation) motor running? She should hear water splashing strongly in the tub, possibly the wash motor is not running properly.

First, run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that and see if that resolves the problem.

If not, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, DO--->SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS WITH ERROR CODES

Here's the wash(circulation) motor for her model you can order, if needed:
Circulation Motor WPW10510666

Video of HOW TO access it/replace it:

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10350333 - Rev A.pdf
    885.3 KB · Views: 62

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wonderful! Lets hope it stays fixed.(y)

Sometimes a diagnostic reset can fix it, its LIKE rebooting the machine.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.